Tubemate app is one of the best tool for android to download videos from YouTube. Tubemate apk file is given below which you can directly download and install on your android device.
Tubemate is mainly famous for downloading YouTube videos. You cannot download films, series, apps, memes, etc like you can do with VidMate, so, tubemate is never an alternative for VidMate but if you need an app to download YouTube videos only or if you want to install tubemate along with VidMate, it is a good choice.
Below we will show you a complete guide on installing and using tubemate.
How to Install TubeMate on an Android device?
- Obviously, at first you should download Apk file of Tubemate. You can download Tubemate.apk directly from Link below.
Download Tubemate 2.4.3 for Android
- After downloading is completed, tap on the downloaded .apk file to install it. If this is your first time of sideloading apps (installing an application package in APK format onto an Android device by downloading apps from other sources than Google play), you should enable installation from unknown sources in your device settings. For this Go to settings> Application settings> and tick Unknown sources.
- After the app gets installed you can launch it to download YouTube videos.
How to download YouTube videos by using tubemate?
Although it is an easy process but there are some steps where you you will get confused. So please read this guide too.
- Open Tubemate. For the first time, you will be shown an warning message that Tubemate should be used for private purposes only. Just tap agree. Then you will be shown the change-logs. Tap close for this.
- Now if you are connected to internet, it will open YouTube which will be something like screenshot below.
- Now search for any video from the search icon at top if you want to search on google or tap on search icon just below it to search on YouTube only. Then tap on the video and the video will start playing.
- Now if you want to watch it online, you can continue but if you want to download Tap on Green download (⇓) icon at the top and it will show a “Parsing Video Information” window. Then a window to choose quality of the video appears as shown in screenshot below. You have to select it carefully. You can see the size of the video next to quality. The first option is the highest quality one (which your device may not support), the second option is of lower quality than first one and quality goes on decreasing. If your device is extremely High-End new device like Samsung Galaxy S8, you can select 2560 x 1440 one. But the recommended quality for mobile is 1280 x 720 because it will occupy less storage space and in mobile you cannot see much difference between this quality and other higher qualities. If your device doesn’t support this quality, select the lower quality than this.
Remember: All the videos won’t have all these quality choices, some video may have highest quality of 640 x 360 or even lower. At that condition choose highest quality option.
- Now again tap on the green download button (⇓) at the bottom. Then the video starts downloading instantly. You can see progress of downloading in the notification window. Sometimes you may be asked to install a media converter app. You can install that app, it’s completely fine. You can watch video even before completion of download.
Best Preference Setup for Tubemate
Tubemate is good app but not that much by default You have to change some of the preference options to get better TubeMate.
A. Fixing Merge to SD card issue.
After the downloading of any video is completed, it needs some time to merge the video to SD card which is annoying. You can fix it in Preference.
- Tap the three dots in right top corner of Tubemate and tap on preferences.
- Now you will see Fast download Mode. You may think this will speed up downloading but it won’t. In fact it causes the Merging to SD card issue. just Untick it and you are done.
B. Other preference fixes.
- Increase speed Limit: If you have faster internet than 20 Mbps (2.5 MBps), increase the speed limit.
- Tick WiFi Only to prevent Auto-resume of non-completed videos when you turn on Mobile data.
- Select Offline Home if you don’t want YouTube open as soon as you open TubeMate, rather you want an offline homepage.
- Tick Use KB/s if you want to view your download speed in KB/s or MB/s which are more commonly used in daily life instead of rarely used Kb/s or Mb/s.
- Is tubemate Illegal?
Ans. No Tubemate is not Illegal. Although YouTube Terms of Service says you cannot download YouTube videos but there is no any penalty or fine for downloading from the Government side. It means you may be doing ‘not-allowed’ things in the eyes of YouTube but you are completely fine in legal terms. But Remember that You are a criminal if you redistribute the copyrighted videos. It means you may not re-upload it on YouTube or any other website, otherwise you may be charged for violating Copyright.
- Why is it not available on Google Play
Ans. For the same reason amazon app store is missing on Google Play. If you don’t know, YouTube is also owned by Google. So, they won’t allow any app that can download YouTube videos on Play Store because downloading YouTube videos hurts their advertisement revenue.